Because waxing removes the hair at the root, it’s important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. This means:
- No sunbathing for at least 12 hours (so have your waxing done at least the day BEFORE you go on holiday)
- No swimming in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours, same for spa baths or sauna
- Avoid applying any topical lotions for at least 12 hours (fragrances and other lubricants can cause a burning sensation)
- Avoid touching the waxed area to ensure it remains bacteria free
- Use a tea tree oil based product to apply to the area for its anti-bacteria qualities.
3-10 days after waxing
As your skin closes over the follicles, the next consideration is to ensure your prevent ingrown hair. This is when new, soften hair can get trapped under the skin. A few simple tips can easily avoid this situation.
Use a soft brush or exfoliating glove to gently buff the area every 2-3 days.
Use product contain lactic acid to buff away the dead skin cells and allow your hair back through the follicle opening
Do not shave between appointment. Re-schedule every 4 weeks.